Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cakes, cupcakes, biscuits and more cupcakes!


I recently had the good fortune to meet Katherine (through her buying my Beanie with Flower Pattern that is for sale on Etsy). She is a fellow New Zealander who puts my cake decorating skills to shame (and I was a chef up until my son started school). Katherine claims to be an amateur at cake decorating...but, in my opinion I think that she should go professional and sell them!!! Her cakes are decorated far better than some of the professionals that I have used in the past.


Another reason that I think she should sell them is that then I could put in an order for the Hello Kitty cake for Emma's 5th birthday in September, she has fallen in love with it and wants one just like it for your birthday cake. (NO pressure Katherine ! lol) I shall just resort to leaving birthday cake decorating books laying around the house in the hope that she changes her mind to something that gives me step by step instructions.

Her blog 4 Goodness Cake started for a very different reason other than to showcase her master pieces, you can read about it in her profile. What an amazing friend and person Katherine is, and I am still envious of her cake decorating skills!
Pictures are from Katherine's Blog and were used with permission.

2 comments:

PitBullLadyDesigns said...

Yumm. . . Kills WeightWatchers with one picture. . .

Splendid Little Stars said...

quite a beautiful cupcake! She IS talented!